Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Still-Lifes




All of my objects I chose because they have personal connections.  I have my ribbon from my only horse show, nail polish, an acceptance card from my college, and a key that I like to use as a necklace.  Later, I even decided to include my show.  Some of these objects hold more significance than others, but they are all connected to me.  They are all things I like or need, things that make me happy, and overall, things that are a part of me.

I was fairly successful in capturing my images.  I tried to be creative in placement and how I used the different objects – after I felt I had exhausted angles and placements of what I had, I added dandelions to create more interest.  I experimented with a lot of different angles, exposures, and focal lengths.  It’s hard to create an interesting photo with only objects, but I think I was able to do that with at least some of them.  Next time I think I’ll bring in more, smaller objects.  It’ll be easier to rearrange them in interesting ways, and being able to add or remove objects as needed would help change the way each photo looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment