Friday, May 31, 2013

Final Reflection

The best experience we had this year by far was going to New York City.  We had so much fun walking around and taking pictures.  It was really great just to explore the city, even when we weren't taking pictures.  There was a lot to experience there, and even more to photograph.  We got to go to museums and see the works of famous photographers and artists.  It was probably the best experience I've had in the past four years of high school.  I got a lot of practice taking pictures quickly, with a variety of angles and exposures.  New York is a fast paced city, and since we were moving we didn't have as much time to take pictures.  I had to learn to take pictures as I saw the composition, which was incredibly useful.  The museum exhibits we went to were also inspiring: the surrealist photographs we saw influenced my surrealist collage.

I also really enjoyed learning how to use photoshop more, especially in regards to tilt-shift photography.  I first saw a tilt-shift photograph a few years ago, and ever since then I've wanted to learn how to do it.  I got to teach myself how to imitate it, among other things.  This year, I got a chance to work on my own and teach myself photoshop, and I've become a lot more adept towards using it as a result.  I can merge photos well, I can imitate tilt-shift photography, and I can easily edit my photos like I want them.  This year was very independent, and I've definitely been given a huge opportunity to grow and learn because of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment