Friday, May 10, 2013

Final Project

For my final project, I want to emulate the photographs of Sally Mann.  Not just the portraits, but her style and full body of work.  I want to do black-and-white portraits, black-and-white landscapes, and abstract art using body parts and alternate ways of showing scenery.  She's weird, but her photographs are interesting and I'd like to try and emulate them.  It's possible that, in order to properly emulate her, I'll need to try film photography, but my plan is to do digital for most of it and see how far I get, and possibly include film as an addition.  I like her edgy, strange portraits and photographs, and that's what draws me to her.  As such, I want to take pictures in an interesting way that show different situations, and take careful use of light as that's a huge part of her photography.  A few of my friends agreed that they would model for me, and it should be fairly easy to find somewhere I can use for a landscape.

No comments:

Post a Comment