Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Light Painting



Light painting taught me a lot about light, negative space, and abstract photography.  A lot of my photos were not of any specific thing, but instead just trying to show light and its movement in the photo.  I had a lot of fun experimenting with color and shape, and it was very different to use photography to take a picture of something abstract.  Not having to pay attention to realism also gave way to using negative space to create new shapes.

In the future, I'd like to use light painting in more creative and experimental ways.  Laura and Emma's paintings were really creative, and I'd like to try more techniques similar to theirs.  I'd like to try using light painting in brighter spaces and see if I can get light to emphasize things already in the photo, rather than create them.

No comments:

Post a Comment